Now you can find us via WeChat Official Account or Weibo!
We will regularly update news about our most energy-efficient gearbox SETCON and service ALL in CHINESE. You can also contact us in Chinese via these two social media.
SET will represented its SETCON technology on VGB´s symposium “Dampferzeuger, Industrie- und Heizkraftwerke & BHKW 2021 in Papenburg (Germany) on the 07.09.2021.
Secure your ticket in time, take part in this event with trade exhibition and learn more about our energy-efficient SETCON technology.
Topics of the SET presentation:
- Introduction to the SETCON technology
- Advantages of the system and improved energy efficiency
- Practical example from a power plant in Germany
Link to the general program: https://www.vgb.org/vgbmultimedia/DIHKW2021update2-p-16770.pdf
Recently, SET became a member of the Green Tech Cluster. We are looking forward to new cooperation and collaborations in order to contribute successfully to a more sustainable and low carbon industry. Further information to the Green Tech Cluster, please follow the link: https://www.greentech.at/en/
In addition, to the high CO2 emission reduction, our recently implemented 6.5 MW SETCON – variable speed gearbox is saving up to 12 815 MWh energy per year, compared to the replaced hydro-dynamic gear coupling. This corresponds to an energy consumption of
a.) ~ 4 250 German households per year (3 012 kWh / year / household) or an energy production of a
b.) 4 MW wind mill with good wind conditions (3 000 full load hours)
Energy savings in comparison
Replacement of a hydro-dynamic gear coupling with a 6.5 MW by a SETCON SE6
According to the latest measurements the recently implemented SETCON SE6 – variable speed gearbox is saving up to 12 400 tons of CO2 per year, compared to the replaced hydro-dynamic gear coupling on-site.
This represents an average CO2 consumption of ~ 1 476 EU citizens per year (8,4 t/year – 2018) and contributes significantly to industrial decarbonisation.
SET successfully completed the 35-day test run periode at swb Erzeugung AG in Bremen, Germany with SETCON® SE6 recently . The expected energy savings compared to the replaced variable-speed gear coupling have been exceeded by far, so that the power plant unit can be operated even more efficiently in the future. This modernization project is a great success for everyone involved and guarantees efficient and reliable operation in the Mittelbüren power plant in the future.
In summary, the following project highlights result:
- Energy savings of 12 815 MWh per year compared to the variable speed gear coupling
- CO2 reduction of approx. 12 400 tons per year (corresponds to a CO2 consumption of 1 550 German residents)
- Mechanical and electrical implementation and commissioning in 15 days
- The foundations were not changed and the existing anchor points of the variable-speed gear coupling were adopted, thanks to the matching footprint
- The existing lubricating oil cooler could continue to be used, the working oil cooler has been shut down due to lower the lower losses and reduced oil flow
- Neither the pump nor the Main drive had to be repositioned on the existing foundation
- Simple and safe integration into the existing control system (through SET’s control system simulation and customer acceptance in advance)
A few days ago, the SETCON SE6 system was successfully installed in the power plant Mittelbüren at swb Erzeugung AG & CO. KG in Bremen Germany. In just 14 days during the power plant revision, it was possible to completely replace the geared variable-speed coupling with the efficient SETCON drive.
- Efficiency increase of the drive up to 55% in partial load
- No shifting of remaining units as Main drive, Main and Booster Pump was necessary
- The existing installation space and anchoring points of the coupling have been used
- Continued use of existing lubrication oil cooler (shutdown of working oil cooler)
- Installation in less than 14 days (due to exact footprint)
- > 12.400 t/year CO2 Emission reduction
- > 10.770 MWh / year energy savings
For further Infomation, please open the brochure: Folder Retrofit Project _ swb
In the current September issue, the specialist magazine antriebstechnik reports on the energy-efficient SETCON technology in the following article (article published in German language): https://digital.antriebstechnik.de/antriebstechnik-9-2020/64246499/30
Exclusive first impressions of the new SETCON® SE6 series.
SETCON® SE6 is part of the SE family and was specially designed for highly demanding industrial applications. Many years of experience and the use of advanced design and analysis tools have led to this optimized variable-speed gearbox, which uses nothing but tried-and-tested standard mechanical and electronic components. This type has impressive optimized installation space and adaptable axial offset, which enables fast and efficient retrofitting or modernization of existing systems. SE6 also offers ultimate reliability and maximum efficiency for new installations, and as with all other SET products, it meets high European quality and design standards. SE6 is used for horizontally operated pumps and compressors up to a rated output power of 6 MW and a maximum output speed of 10.000 rpm. The electric drive (servos and low-voltage frequency converter) is selected on a project specific basis in accordance with customer needs and the required speed range.